Can’t say it was an easy one, but it sure was a very significant one.
And here on the blog, it was a year of 123 posts!
Looking back I see that there were at least 35 reasons to call this year a good year!
Let's see what they were:
- Troy turned 1 year old!
- I finally got to see Manu Ginobili live!
3. We made history with our biggest snowfall ever!
4. Winter Olympics
5. Troy went to Meyerhoff for the 1st time!
6. My La Boheme Opera Night was a huge success.
7. I went to the long-waited for recital of Dmitri Hvorostovsky!
8. Troy started walking!!!
9. Online I “met” Jenny Kelly, Artistic Director of BOT.
10. Troy went to his 1st baseball game.
11. Having read my review of WNO’s Hamlet, an agent of Liam Bonner’s offered me a phone interview with the artist.
12. Troy went to Andre Rieu’s Concert!
13. I opened a Twitter Account.
14. I discovered Carnegie Hall and Andre Rieu among my Twitter followers!
15. I became an LC at TOI, which was willing to publish the mentioned above phone interview.
16. Troy went to the Meyerhoff to his 1st free live opera recital, featuring Rachele Gilmore and BSO.
17. Having asked for Joyce DiDonato’s permission to use her exclusive La Scala Il Barbiere pics, I received the sweetest e-mail from the best Rosina of our time!
18. Troy went to his first Renaissance Festival and loved Celtic music!
19. We had a lovely vacation with Troy in West Virginia.
20. Troy discovered architecture and interior design through a book of David Hovey.
21. One morning I received a very nice comment from Joyce after my blog post “Sing the Character?”
22. Troy went to his 1st free opera concert at the good old Lyric!
23. Troy discovered conducting.
24. Tatiana, my dear friend from Russia, came to visit us for 2 weeks.
25. My Rossini Opera Night was a big success.
26. I took Tatiana to the Met to see Carmen with Elina Garanca in the title role and Nicole Cabell as Micaela.
27. Jenny Kelly kindly agreed to donate free tickets for my students to see a live Lucia di Lammermoor in February 2011.
28. Troy started painting!
29. Troy went to the Meyerhoff to the Vienna Boys Choir Concert!
30. Troy really got into “conducting”.
31. Troy really got into dancing quadrille.
32. The Director of Bachtrack published my review of the VBC and offered to write reviews for her website!
33. On his visit to BMA, Troy discovered Gauguin and the cello.
34. Troy started saying many words both in English and Russian.
35. Troy and I are about to move into a new, nice and comfortable place – the place that we are both excited to call home. May it only be filled with peace, love and beauty – we both deserve it!
Besides everything mentioned, this year Troy discovered the music of Gluck, Handel, Mozart, Lehar, Strauss, Kalman, Offenbach, Rossini, Verdi and Puccini and the art of Monet, Manet, Matisse, Degas, Gaugin and Van Gogh.
And now, to the best part of this post:
Dear Readers! Dear Friends!
Because temporarily I do not have a computer at home, and our offices are closed tomorrow, allow me to wish you a very Happy and Healthy New Year!
May the coming year bring peace and harmony into your lives! May love and warmth reign in your home.
Let us try to leave all the bad in 2010 and take all the good into 2011.
All my best to you all, my dear wonderful readers.
Till next year!